Friday, June 3, 2011

"the notebook"

30 days of Creativity
Day 3
Jambi now likes Blues Clues. And she likes to take a quick note on paper like the host does.
I looked for "Blues Clues Notebooks" on line, and I was blown away. They offer some little ones for $19.99. I can only guess that price reflects licensing fees and the 'grandma' 'tax'.
So, I set out to make one of my own. The critical piece is the enormous-ring note book. I had great luck, and found one at Walgreens for next to nothing.
Blue's Clues Supplies
I took the foamy sheets (I already had) and cut out a green base for the front and the back. Then I sketched a chair out on paper. I penciled in the chair on the foam, then used the biggest sharpie ever made to mark the chair permanently. A thin coat of Elmers is holding the green pieces to the covers, as well as the red chair onto the green foam.
Blue's Clues Notebook
Jambi came down from her nap, and saw it on the table and squealed with delight. She ran and got a crayon, and took a note.
Success.

2 comments:

kat said...

Good going Mom! Gotta love the age when it doesn't have to be the exact one they saw on tv from the store.

Silvia M. said...

I have a large piece of Blues Clues fabric from when my kids liked the show. It was one of the things to get donated to the salvation army store in the near future. Would you like to have it? I'll be more than happy to send it over for you guys to have some fun with. :)
Just send me your address if you're interested.